Is this job for you?
Would you enjoy taking a dog to one of our adoption events? Would you like to help us raise money by attending an event? Do you want to help showcase our pets to help them get adopted quicker? Then this job is for you!
Flexible. Most events typically run between 2-4 hours. In most cases, you pick up the pet at the rescue, transport to the event and return to the rescue after the event (or when the pet is ready to leave the event).
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Off-site Locations | Parks, Schools, Churches, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session (if bringing a dog to an event).
Increase the chances of our dogs and cats getting adopted and help raise funds.
Applies only to 'approved' qualified Volunteers.
- Take dogs to events, which includes:
- Basic dog handling such as retrieving dogs from their kennel, donning their collar or harness, etc.
- Transport dogs to and from events.
- Walk, spend time and help showcase dogs at events.
- Socialize dogs with other dogs and people at events.
- Pick up dog waste.
- Take cats to events.
- Help with set-up or breakdown at events.
- Provide baked goods.
- Plan and execute our special events and fundraisers.
Mary Beth Knapp
Board Member, Chairman; Fundraising & Events