Aspiring HSYC Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Ideas for our Amazing Animal Lovin' Volunteers under the age of 16...
Aspiring HSYC Volunteers Inspire... additional @ Home Ideas for our Younger volunteers supporting the Humane Society of York County
- Hold a pet food drive in your neighborhood!
- Print flyers detailing the items needed and where and when to drop them off then deliver them to your neighbor’s mailboxes. Or, use social media platform like Nextdoor.com to coordinate.
- Host a lemonade stand sale!
- Who doesn’t love a good cold glass of lemonade? Hold a lemonade stand and donate the proceeds to HSYC.
- Parties! Birthday coming up? Family reunion? Host a party and ask your guests to bring dog and cat food as gifts.
- A Concert!
- Are you musically inclined? How about your friends? Get a band together for an impromptu concert in a high traffic area of your neighborhood or at your church or school and collect coins for cats or dollars for dogs.
- Social Networking!
- Are you a member of a church? A sports team? A social club? Consider asking those already in place to help plan fundraisers, food drives and more! The power of social media is so strong, think about the ways in which you could use various social media platforms to promote the mission of the HSYC.
- If you build it, they will come!
- Organize a canned food architectural design contest where all entries are built out of canned dog and cat food.
- Homemade dog treat sale!
- Whip up a batch of your most scrumptious dog treats and sell them to neighbors, family and friends.
- Peanut butter!
- Our pups love peanut butter filled frozen Kongs! Consider holding a peanut butter drive to support our shelter dogs.
- Family Foster Program
- email our Rescue Manager for more details.