Home Visit Specialist
Is this job for you?
Do you have a heart for ensuring our dogs find their FURever homes? Are you interested in assessing a home to be an ideal environment for a particular dog (which meets his/her personality and energy level to the potential adopter)? Do you simply want to play matchmaker between human and canine? Then this job is for you!
Flexible; schedule times with potential adopters as needed.
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Off-Site Location | The potential adopter's home
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session
- Job shadowing with experienced volunteer
Take dogs to potential adopters’ homes to determine if the adoption is a good fit.
- Schedule a time to bring the dog to the potential adopter's home.
- Pick up the dog from our rescue and bring to potential adopter's home.
- Ask a series of questions to potential adopter's (and any family members or roommates) to help assess if you think the living conditions are a good fit between the dog and the potential adopters' environment.
- Understand how our adoption process and procedures work and able to answer questions from potential adopters.
- Ability to be fair, impartial and make tough decisions. Our number 1 priority is to our pets at the HSYC.
- Follow up with a successful adoption to make sure that all is going well between the new owner and their pet and work with them if there are any issues.
Board Member and Volunteer Coordinator
Board Member, Vice Chairman and Community Reach/Animal Advocate