Is this job for you?
Do you like meeting new people and assisting customers? Would you like to help someone find their new best friend? Then this job is for you!
We need volunteers to help assist potential adopters when our rescue is open to the public.
Daily (when our rescue is open to the public)
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Extended Hours on Tuesdays and Fridays:
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Summer Hours) or 6:00 PM (Winter Hours)
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session
- Adoption Process Training
Match our pets to potential adopters that best suits their interests and lifestyle.
- Greet potential adopters as they arrive.
- Assist potential adopters by asking questions to help determine which animals would best match their lifestyle, such as:
- Do you want a cat or a dog? Kitten or puppy? Older or younger?
- What kind of lifestyle do you lead? (active, sedentary, like to play, etc.)
- Do you have children? Young children? Are they accustomed to being around animals?
- How much time would the animal be home alone?
- Do you have a fenced yard? If not, how will your animal get exercise?
- Are you willing to train a dog?
- Is this your first dog/cat?
- Do you have other pets?
- Share your knowledge of the animals.
- Review dog bios in the notebook, bring appropriate dog out of the kennel. Find an open yard so the potential adopter can spend time with the dog.
- Discuss application and adoption procedures. Refer to staff member as needed.
- Take dogs out for potty breaks as needed.
Board Member and Volunteer Coordinator