Volunteering at the HSYC
Volunteering at an animal rescue is extremely rewarding, educational, exciting, and fun. Volunteering is such a privilege to be part of a group that work together to change lives one pet at a time. Often the life changed is ours!
Our volunteer program was created to best serve the animals in our care. We rely heavily on volunteer participation; as a result, we recognize the value of your time and thank you for wanting to join the family of Volunteers at the HSYC.
All volunteer programs are designed for the benefit of the animals in the care of the HSYC. Rules, guidelines and protocols are in place for the safety of our animals, staff, volunteers and the public. Volunteering privileges may be revoked at any time if one is observed not following all requirements, guidelines and safety protocols.
How to Become an Individual Volunteer?
1. Set up a profile (you must be minimum of 18 years old).
2. Pay the Volunteer Orientation Fee of $25.00 administrative fee (includes your Volunteer tee Shirt).
3. AFTER you have completed both of these steps, Email our Volunteer Coordinator for next step coordination.
Requirements for all Volunteers age 18 and older:
- Set up a profile in our Volunteer System.
- Pay the $25.00 administrative fee.
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation
- Join the CLOSED HSYC Facebook page - this is where ALL Volunteer communication takes place.
- Wear HSYC Volunteer Shirt so it is Visible & Approved bottoms/footwear at all times.
- Comply with all safety protocols and volunteer rules at all times
- Check the CLOSED HSYC Facebook Volunteer page regularly to stay abreast of changes and updates
- If you become a trained HSYC Dog-Walker, there will be a minimum of volunteer hours to maintain status.
A sample of HSYC Volunteer service activities available:
- Kennel Cleaning
- Cat Socialization
- Dog Walker and Enrichment
- Facility Maintenance
- Event Assistance and Attendance
- Grant Writing
- Home Visit Advisor
- Dog Walking Trainer
- Thrift Store Attendant
In addition to the hours open to the public, staff and volunteers are at the rescue 365 days of the year. Our cats and dogs still need your attention and care. The following are general volunteer hours which may vary due to major holidays, inclement weather or major rescue events.
Volunteer hours are CLOSED from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM daily
NOTE: Please stay tuned via our CLOSED Facebook page - HSYC Volunteers as it pertains to any updates or needs regarding volunteer hours and availability.
|Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Saturday||Tuesday & Friday||Activities|
|8:00 AM - 12:00 PM||8:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Dog walking, cat socialization, cleaning and rescue upkeep|
|1:00 PM - 4:00 PM||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM||Dog walking, cat socialization, cleaning and rescue upkeep|
Click here to view Volunteer FAQS: