Is this job for you?
Are you an organized, articulate and creative individual with excellent writing skills? Would you enjoy performing research to identify new funding sources to help accomplish our mission and goals? Do you have prior experience writing grants for non-profits and would be willing to offer your expertise to our organization? Or are new to grant writing or simply have a genuine interest in learning? Then this job is for you!
Off-site | Your home
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
Raise money through being awarded grants to help care for our pets at the HSYC and use for specific programs and initiatives.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, including: letters, proposals, budgets and presentations in accordance with the funders giving policies, guidelines and criteria.
- Perform research to identify prospective funding sources, foundations and grant writing opportunities.
- Analyze the intended audience for the proposal.
- Analyze the purpose of the proposal.
- Gather information and determine specifics about the subject of the proposal.
- Write, customize, format, revise, edit, proof read and submit the proposal.
- Ensure content accurately represents the mission and program in a compelling manner.
- Perform grant management, tracking and reporting.
- Once awarded a grant: develop, implement, and monitor a project and fiscal management plan for the entire life of the grant.
- Develop strong working relationships with funders and potential funders.
Board Member, Grants Committee Chair