First Responder - Emergency Evacuation
Is this job for you?
Do you live close to the Humane Society of York County (about a 5 mile radius / about a 10-minute drive or less)? Would you like to save our pets if there is an emergency situation? Would you mind being "on call" and possibly getting woken up in the middle of the night? Then we would love your help!
365 days a year
Only on an as-needed basis if there is an emergency.
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
Help evacuate our pets at the HSYC in an emergency situation to save their precious lives.
- Be on the HSYC "on-call" list.
- When contacted, drive to the HSYC in a short period of time.
- Evacuate as many cats and dogs from the facility as possible.
- Follow the HSYC Emergency Evacuation procedures.
- Be available for any preparation meetings or perform a dry run to simulate a fire drill.
Mary Beth Knapp
Board Member, Chairman; Fundraising & Events