Is this job for you?
Are you a certified dog trainer and are willing to share your expertise with us? Are you in the process of obtaining your dog certification and need hours towards your certification? Then this job is for you!
- Morning Shift: 8:00 AM - Noon
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Extended Hours on Tuesdays and Fridays:
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Summer Hours) or 6:00 PM (Winter Hours)
Note that "Shifts" indicates hours in which you can perform this opportunity. You can work as many (or as little) hours within a shift as you like. We appreciate any help you can provide!
8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session
- Certified Dog Trainer (or obtaining certification)
Having well behaved, trained (or at least partially trained) dogs to increase their chances of becoming rescued, and in a shorter amount of time.
- Training basic commands to dogs such as sit, stay, heel, lay down, etc.
- Training dogs to walk on a leash without pulling.
- Training dogs basic socialization skills.
- Demonstrating to staff members (and possibly interested volunteers) basic dog training techniques.
Board Member and Volunteer Coordinator