Animal Advocate / Community Outreach
Is this job for you?
Would you be interested in sharing our mission to the community? Would you like to visit schools to teach children proper pet handling, the importance of treating an animal as a family member, and the responsibility of having and caring for a pet? Then this job is for you!
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Off-site Locations | Schools, Agencies, Local Neighborhoods, etc.
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
Work with other rescues to educate the public and elected representatives about responsible pet ownership and humane treatment of animals.
There are many different facets to community outreach that you may be interested in getting involved with. These include, but are not limited to:
- Speak to students or community groups about proper pet care, spay/neuter, and the HSYC mission.
- Work with council on aging agency and their pet needs.
- Participle with advocacy groups in the county to affect change that improves animal welfare.
- Distribute low cost spay/neuter information to county residents.
- Help dogs and families in need with food, trolley lines, fencing, etc.
- Deliver straw for community dogs during cold winter months.
- Deliver shade tarps for community dogs during hot summer months.
Board Member, Vice Chairman and Community Reach/Animal Advocate
Board Member and Volunteer Coordinator