Outdoor Grounds and Yard Maintenance
Is this job for you?
Would you be willing to pick up yard waste and replenish clean water in the water bowls to help maintain a nice outdoor environment for our dogs? Do you enjoy spending time outdoors while caring for and playing with dogs? Do you enjoy light yard work, such as weeding and trimming shrubs? Then this job is for you!
- Morning Shift: 8:00 AM - Noon
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Extended Hours on Tuesdays and Fridays:
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Note that "Shifts" indicates hours in which you can perform this opportunity. You can work as many (or as little) hours within a shift as you like. We appreciate any help you can provide!
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
- Volunteer Orientation
Maintain a clean and safe outdoor environment for our dogs, volunteers and potential adopters.
- Pick up dog waste in Path of Hope, fenced yards, and walking area across the parking lot.
- Change dog waste bags in pails.
- Throw dirty bag in dumpster and replace with clean trash bags (double bag for durability).
- Wash water bowls or replace with new bowls and fill with water.
- Throw away dog toys that are beyond repair or appear dangerous as swallowing hazards.
- Put washable toys in the laundry.
- Replenish yard with new/clean toys.
- Hose down outdoor kennels at the end of day as needed. Use Odoban to clean surface at least twice a week.
- Unlock outdoor kennels in the morning and lock them at the end of the day.
- If you are a knowledgeable gardener, trim trees and shrubs and weed shrub/flower beds.
- Any time you are working in the yard, you are encouraged to have a dog out with you to keep you company!
Staff Member, Rescue Coordinator; Foster Program Coordinator