Favorite Furry Friend Program
Is this program for you?
Have you formed a special bond with one of our dogs? Has one of them stolen your heart and you want to spend some extra "alone-time" with him? Do you secretly want to adopt her?... but can't for some reason or another? Then you need to take advantage of our special program we only offer to our dedicated volunteers!
The Favorite Furry Friend program allows you to partner with a dog or puppy to help him or her get adopted.
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Off-site Locations | Events, Parks, Your Home, etc.
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session
- Eligible to participate after 20+ hours of HSYC volunteer service handling dogs
- Permission to take dogs off-site
Give our dogs and puppies the opportunity to spend time away from the rescue with a volunteer that has taken a special interest in them. This will help promote good behaviors to ultimately increase their chances of getting adopted.
- Spend extra time walking or playing with your special furry friend.
- Spend extra time socializing or teaching basic manners to promote good behaviors and help bad habits fade away.
- Promote your furry friend through Facebook and other electronic media.
- Provide information to potential adopters.
- You can also take off-site! (Permission required)
- Escort your furry friend to special events for the HSYC.
- Take your furry friend out for fun outing you think he or she would enjoy! Take him or her for a walk at River Walk or enjoy a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
- Have a sleep-over at your home any evening or holiday when you have some extra down time to spend with your furry friend.
- Give your furry friend a bath or groom... he or she most likely could use it.
When taking a dog "out-on-the-town" this always gives them visibility to the outside world. Which means... potential adopters! We recommend using the "Adopt Me" leashes, collars and/or bandanas so EVERYONE knows your furry friend is looking for their fur-ever home! You are their best advocate to help them get adopted.
Key Volunteer, Favorite Furry Friend Program