Is this job for you?
Would you enjoy taking a dog to one of our adoption events? Would you like to help us raise money by attending an event? Do you want to help showcase our pets to help them get adopted quicker? Then this job is for you!
Flexible. Most events typically run between 2-4 hours. In most cases, you pick up the pet at the rescue, transport to the event and return to the rescue after the event (or when the pet is ready to leave the event).
PetSmart Adoption Events:
- Every Saturday volunteers meet at the facility to take adoptable dogs to PetSmart in Rock Hill or Pineville from about 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
PetSmart - Rock Hill | 1110 Hospitality Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29730
PetSmart - Pineville | 9515 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273
Off-site Locations | Parks, Schools, Churches, etc.
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Dog Handling Session (if bringing a dog to an event).
Increase the chances of our dogs and cats getting adopted and help raise funds.
- Take dogs to events, which includes:
- Basic dog handling such as retrieving dogs from their kennel, donning their collar or harness, etc.
- Transport dogs to and from events.
- Walk, spend time and help showcase dogs at events.
- Socialize dogs with other dogs and people at events.
- Pick up dog waste.
- Take cats to events.
- Help with set-up or breakdown at events.
- Provide baked goods.
- Plan and execute our special events and fundraisers.
Mary Beth Knapp
Board Member, Chairman; Fundraising & Events