Cat Handling and Cage Cleaning
Is this job for you?
Do you love cats and kittens? Do you enjoy spending one-on-one time with them? Do you want to help maintain a clean and sanitized environment to help prevent feline diseases? Then this job is for you!
365 days a year
- Morning Shift: 8:00 AM - Noon
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Extended Hours on Tuesdays and Fridays:
- Afternoon Shift: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Note that "Shifts" indicates hours in which you can perform this opportunity at our HSYC location. You can work as many (or as little) hours within a shift as you like. We appreciate any help you can provide!
- Morning Shift: Begins around 9:00 or 10:00 AM and may take about 1 or 2 hours depending on the number of cats at each location. Cleaning cages is performed during the morning shift.
- Evening Shift: Anytime between 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM. This requires a welfare check; spending some play time and refilling their food and replenishing clean water.
HSYC Rescue | 8177 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29708
PetSmart - Pineville | 9515 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273
- Must be 18+ or 16+ if HSYC Liability Release form is signed by his/her guardian 18+
- Volunteer Orientation
- Cat Handling & Care Session
Our ultimate objective is to increase the chances of our cats to be adopted, in a shorter amount of time through socialization, while living in a safe, healthy and sanitary environment until they find their FUR-ever home!
Additional objectives are to:
- Provide exercise, stimulation and play time to reduce stress.
- Become comfortable with human contact by providing human interaction.
- Offer opportunities to spend time outside of their cage.
- Basic cat handling such as retrieving cats from and returning to their cage.
- Giving cats attention by talking to, holding and playing with.
- Brushing and combing cats.
- Feeding cats and replenishing their water bowl.
- And of course, giving our cats LOTS of love and attention!
- Changing the kitty litter and replacing newspaper.
- Sanitizing and cleaning cat cages.
- Maintaining cat rooms, such as sweeping/mopping floors, brushing down cat towers, replenishing supplies, taking out garbage, etc.
Staff Member, Rescue Coordinator; Foster Program Coordinator