View our Adoption Process Video HERE!
You are considering ADOPTION and we couldn't be happier.
Adoption Requirements and Information
To ensure successful placement of our pets into loving homes, HSYC implements an evaluation process for all adopters. Many of our pets have come to us from a rough start in life, and this process helps guarantee they will live the life they deserve.
Please understand that adopting through HSYC may take up to a week before your new pet comes home with you.
- Adopters must be at least 21 years old
- All current pets must be spayed/neutered, current on vaccines and on heartworm preventative
- Family members should not have allergies to dogs/cats
- Dogs and cats should be indoor pets; dogs should have suitable outdoor area for play/potty
- Declawing of cats is not permitted
- If you have current dogs, we require meet-and-greet to ensure compatibility before adoption is approved
- For all adoptions, we contact vet references
- For dogs, we conduct a home visit to ensure the dog is comfortable and accepted by all members (human and pet) of the family
- Some cats and dogs may have additional requirements to those listed above
With so many animals dying in local government shelters, we at the HSYC Rescue are proud to SAVE lives but we CANNOT do it alone. Please consider donating to our cause. You can donate time, supplies, finances, etc... Taking the community focus, we are collaborating with government shelters and other rescues to save more lives.
Please share the drive for ADOPTION with your friends and families. It's the right thing to do and promote the wonderful experience you have by adopting a rescue pet! They are the best in the world.
The adoption fees at the Humane Society of York County are:
- $180.00 dogs
- $75.00 cats
Our adoption fee now include our adopted pets being microchipped which as the new adopter you are responsible for updating with their current details in the event they get lost. Added benefits of our fee include:
|Service||Average price you would
pay to a private vet
|Spaying/neutering||$150 - $300|
|Distemper vaccination(s)||$40 - $60 (2 sets)|
|Rabies vaccination||$15 - $25|
|Heartworm test||$15 - $35|
|Heartworm treatment (if necessary)||$700 - $900|
|Flea/tick treatment||$50 - $100|
We also provide food, shelter, socialization, exercise and love to make sure our animals are ready to go to your loving home to become family pets.
We work with Dr. Robert G. Chappell from the Carolina Place Animal Hospital, as well as, Dr. Martin with Palmetto Vet Hospital. We also utilize Spay / Neuter Charlotte to spay/neuter.